Do not judge and you will not be judged.
Forgive and you will be forgiven.
Give and it will be given to you.
Luke 6: 37-38

29 November 2012

First place in our hearts


'The bible was written to help us know God better.
God doesn't hide who He is and what He has done. We can clearly see Him if we will open our eyes with humility. We see Him in His Word, We see Him in His creation.
Since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts and their foolish hearts were darkened Romans 1: 20-21
God must always have first place in our hearts. He says ' You shall have no other gods before Me' Exodus 20:3. We must be very careful that we not allow anything or anyone to usurp his position. The better we know Him , the easier that will be.
Tonight, after a long day at work, I needed to meditate so I flicked through The Prayer that changes everything written by Stormie Omartian and stumbled on that chapter. This is powerful stuff. It reminded me of all the arguments put forward by the many atheists I have encountered in my life voyage, those who denied that God exists because they say that they cannot see Him. In those days when I was not a Christian yet, I was taken aback, and even though I believed that God was there (though for some time I did not want to), adding to this that I was not reading the Bible then, I did not know what to answer!  This is why I do like this passage that Stormie quotes in Romans...'clearly seen'...Every day when I drive to school, I see birds flying up in the sky, trees, cows, horses, beautiful nature, pure blue sky; or lately grey clouds... And God revealed himself in Jesus, our saviour, our king and redeemer. How awesome! Just thinking about that is filling my heart with joy and peace, knowing that Jesus through his death and resurrection has allowed us to be reconciled with God, his father and also our father. This is just mind-blowing! Don't you agree?
Have a blessed evening. Your sister in Christ. N.

No comments:

fb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
PersonalizedSketchesandSentiments