Do not judge and you will not be judged.
Forgive and you will be forgiven.
Give and it will be given to you.
Luke 6: 37-38

24 December 2011

Butternut squash and nut roast?

Steven and I decided that Imogen (who is a vegetarian) would have a nut roast this Christmas..and I thought I would cook it! However, those of you who know me will not be surprised to hear that I left it a bit late. Two days ago I tried to cheat and get one from M&S but to no avail, they did not have any left! Not taking no for an answer, I bought all the ingredients in Tesco and last night I was scouring the Internet to find an easy recipe! 
However, I had to deal with an emergency so I was in no mood to bake it then and feeling emotionally exhausted. 
Today has been great, we've just come  back from a convivial Christingle service in Hixon church. I am still humming Come and Join the celebration. I have found a perfect recipe. Click here to see it on the web! However as Imo does not like onions or garlic, I will have to make some slight changes..so we shall see! Below is the recipe adapted for children or fussy teenagers!
450g/1 lb peeled, deseeded butternut squash, cut into cubes
225g/8 oz raw, chopped hazelnuts, almonds, pistachios and brazil nuts
Provencal herbs
salt and pepper 
Put the butternut to roast for half an hour at gas mark 7/ 220 C. When the squash has finished roasting, mix all the ingredients together, then press the mixture into a lined 2 lb loaf tin. Bake for 60 mins at gas 190 C. Imogen has looked at it and cut a little sample and all is good. 
Have a blessed Christmas and may the Lord bless you in abundance. 
Yours in Christ.

No comments:

fb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
PersonalizedSketchesandSentiments